SOUND AUGMENTED is a program that gives composers and sound-artists the opportunity to reflect and experiment with alternative ways of sonic productions. Students are encouraged to produce works that surpass the classic concert set up paradigm and re-define sound production, such as but not limited to: installations, site-specific compositions, sound production as a social pattern, sound beyond music, etc… The program is dedicated to artists who seek to artistically exchange with a small internationally selected community in order to realize their next project and take the next step on their own artistic path.
- writing a piece for instruments & live electronics (describe the live electronics set-up)
- performing with a classical/traditional instrument, augmented with electronics (by all means, come with your instrument!)
- composing a fixed-media (tape) piece
- realizing a sound installation
- writing/composing/structuring a new work to be performed by CLEE, the Composit Live Electronics Ensemble
CLEE: Composit Live Electronics Ensemble
New @ composit 2017: participate in CLEE, the Composit Live Electronics Ensemble! In this ensemble, the participants will improvise, compose, and perform their own music. We are going to look for an integrated and organic electro-acoustic sound. The ensemble will be featured in a public concert.
Students should come with any live electronics set-up used for their personal project, or with this their favorite instrument or performance set-up (analog or digital equipment, laptop & musical software).
Real-time electronics topics will include:
- Spectral analysis of instruments & objects
- Using transducers for true electro-acoustic sound generation
- Live spectral sound processing
- Presets, including classic patch architecture for live electronics compositions, and other interactive options
- Use [poly~] to manage dynamically the CPU usage
Introduction to axoloti for embedded interactive audio synthesis and processing (we will have axoloti boards available)
– further Max topics: Jitter basics & matrix processing in Max; advanced FFT and extreme time stretching, real-time freeze, and graphically-based spectral processing, or let us know about your particular interest